Interested in becoming a member of the SLAMMP?
- Any person possessing at least a bachelor's degree in Biological, Agricultural Sciences or Plant Pathology or an equivalent degree in a related discipline, from a recognized university is eligible for Membership.
- Any person or a group of persons associated with Mycology and Plant Pathology or a related discipline or activity and deemed acceptable to the Association on the grounds of training, experience or position is eligible for membership.
- Membership categories
- Regular member
Regular membership may be conferred to person/s possessing at least a Bachelor's Degree in Plant Pathology, Mycology or a related discipline from a recognized University or any other qualifications acceptable to the Executive Committee.
- Affiliated Member
Any person whose work is connected with Mycology or Plant Pathology or a related discipline, but who does not qualify for ordinary membership, may be admitted as an Affiliated Member.
- Student Member
Bona fide postgraduate students in Mycology, Plant Pathology or a related discipline, who are not employed on a full-time basis, may apply for student membership. Membership should be renewed on an annual basis. Applications must be accompanied by appropriate documentation certified by the Head of the student's University/Department.
- Honorary Member
- Any member of the Association may nominate a person for election as an Honorary Member on the grounds of an outstanding contribution to Mycology, Plant Pathology or to the Association.
- Written nominations, proposed and seconded by two members, must be submitted to the Secretary, SLAMPP giving sufficient time before the Annual/Biennial General Meeting to allow inclusion in the agenda.
- The nomination shall be announced at the Annual/Biennial General Meeting, and election shall then be by ballot.
- The President of The Association shall present Honorary Members with membership certificates at a social function held during the Symposium.
- Regular member
|Regular/Associate Member||Rs. 1000/|
|Life member||Rs. 5000/=|
|Student Member||Rs. 500/=|
Membership fee can be paid by cheque, written in favor of "Sri Lanka Association for Mycology and Plant Pathology` or remitting money at the Bank of Ceylon, Peradeniya Branch Account No. 8372739.
Completed application form together with the cheque/deposit slip must be sent to the Treasurer/SLAMPP, Department of Botany, University of Peradeniya, Peradeniya 20400.
For queries please contact
Dr. Malkanthi Daundasekera/Treasurer/SLAMPP: email@example.com, Tel: 081 2394526